Check out tamil short stories here. Also lyrics of tamil movie songs. இந்த வெப்சைட்டில் தமிழ் சிறுகதைகளை படித்து மகிழுங்கள்.

செவ்வாய், 30 ஜூன், 2009

Most embarassing one hour in my life


In 2008 (I don’t remember the month), I was standing like a beggar in Guindy bus stop without having a single paise in my hand. I never had any idea about where I had lost my purse. What happened to me on that day? Let me tell you that.

At 8 pm, after finished my work in office, I started travelling to home. I had to catch a share auto from my office to reach Guindy. From Guindy, I would have three minutes travel in train to reach my home. At that day, I catched a share auto and reached Guindy. I inserted my hand into the pocket to take my purse. But I got shocked to know there was no purse in my pocket. It was one of the greatest shocks in my life. Many thoughts started rolling in my mind, "Share auto driver will definitely shout at me and I will get insulted before many people in this crowded area. What can I do if driver slaps me?"

With those thoughts running in my mind, I inserted my hand in to my shirt packet accidentally. I was very happy after finding one five rupee coin in my packet. I took that one and gave it to the driver and I was standing in the Guindy bus stop like a beggar without knowing what I am going to do. I had five credit cards, a debit card and five hundred rupees cash in my purse. But God made me to stand like a beggar without a single paise in my hand. There I understood that I was not a big person as I got enough money after getting the job of software engineer. God reminded me to just live the life like a ordinary person and ignore the luxury life [Eating in costly restaurants and etc]

I was much worrying about my purse. I needed to call my bank's call center to inform them about my card loss so that they can stop the transaction with that card.
"I know 16 digit number of my debit card only. I am not aware about the 16 digit numbers of the 5 credit cards. How can I inform the call center about card loss without saying the 16 digit number? I don't know whether I have the letters in my home which had the details about the Credit cards."

I wanted to go to home immediately in a auto and after getting the credit card details in home, I decided to inform the call center about the card loss. Plan was ready and I was waiting for an auto. At that time, suddenly I got an alternative idea, "I think I might have missed the purse in Office. Oh God!!! I am not able to recollect the incidents which happened when I started packing my bag and left the office."

I suddenly realized that I took the few things out of my bag to accommodate the remaining things when I started from office. But I was not sure about whether I had stuffed those things back into my bag. "How can I get back to office without money in hand? What can I do? Time is 8.45 now. I could not call anyone to check it as everyone would have left the office. Hey Prabhu will be in office. I am damn sure about that. He will be in office till 9 Pm everyday. I should call him to check whether my purse is available in my place in office"

I called Prabhu and fortunately he was still in office.
"Prabhu, can you do me an help"
"yes sure"
"Please go to my place and check whether my purse is available"
"Ok. I am walking towards your place."
"Thank you"
"I am in your place now. I found your purse here. It's on the desk near your computer."
"Thank God!!! Thank you prabhu. It would be a big problem if I had lost my purse. Thank you for your timely help"
"It's okay"
"Prabhu, Can you do me another help"
"Please tell me"
"I am standing in Guindy bus stand. Can you please come here to give my purse? It would be a great help for me"
"Sure. I will do that. Wait there, I am leaving the office now and will come there immediately"

Prabhu had to go in another direction to reach his home. But he was coming in the opposite direction to help me. He is such a helping guy. He is a sincere and hardworking guy in my office. He came to Guindy in a share auto and handed over the purse to me. I felt very happy once I saw my purse. I said a big thanks to Prabhu and he left the place after catching a bus. I happily walked towards the railway station and reached home after five minutes journey in the train. It was indeed a great day in my life. That one hour was unforgettable moment in my life. I thought of sharing this with you.

The moral of this one hour drama is, “Don’t think you are a big man. Everyone is a human being in the eyes of god. No big person! No small person! Let’s live the life simply without ego and superiority complex. Say bye to luxurious software life and live like an ordinary human being”

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages