Check out tamil short stories here. Also lyrics of tamil movie songs. இந்த வெப்சைட்டில் தமிழ் சிறுகதைகளை படித்து மகிழுங்கள்.

வியாழன், 11 ஜூன், 2009

Recalling my memories

June 11, This is one of the very important date in my life which I will never forget. You started thinking what happened in that day that went into my heart deeply. Let me say you what happened on June 11, 2006 exactly three years back.

June 11, 2006

My final semester exams got over on 24th May. My college had not arranged any single campus interview. So I was jobless at that time. I didnt have any interview experience. I had to start my job hunt where thousands of students who have interview experience in their campus interviews would compete against me for a job. During my final year, I completed reading the RS Agarwal's "Quantitative Aptitude". So , at that time I was confident with mathematical part. But I was not good in verbal and non verbal questions.

I started looking into the GRE book of my brother to study something. On May 31, I got a call letter from Infosys for attending a test on June 11. I was very happy that I got response from a company. I was excited as I had never written any aptitude test before that. Thousands of feelings ran in my mind such as "I should work hard in the next 11 days to get a berth in infy, I should get into infy to avoid reading those aptitude books in the future".

The next day I went to T Nagar for purchasing two books.
1) Shakuntala devi's puzzles book
2) I dont remember the author name which had analytical reasoning questions.

I started reading the first book vigorously. I was not from CBSE standards, that made me to break my head to solve those problems. I pained myself by reducing my sleeping hours and working hard to achieve my goal. I didnt have anything in my head other than puzzles book and infosys. In that ten days, sometimes I got a dream that I got job in infosys.

I completed that first book after six or seven days. In those days, I tried solving the analytical questions from second book. But I could not succeed. Therefore I had put that on hold until the completion of the first book. Now I should start reading the second book as I had no other option. I had only four more days for the judgement day. I broke my head to solve those questions. But I never solved a single question from that book. I use to break my head for sometime and then I would see the answers sections as I could not strain myself anymore.

After eleven restless days, June 11 arrived. My father dropped me in St.Michaels Academy, Adyar at 8.15 AM. Thousands of people gathered there for writing the test. I saw my college mates, Dhanasekar and Srinivisan. I think I had seen some more known faces. Sorry, I dont remember who are they. I have test at 9 am. We went inside the exam hall at 9 am. I started looking at the questions and solved them. I was in a great tension at that time as that was my first exam in my job hunt. Despite those tensions, I confidently solved the puzzles. I could not solve some questions. So I left those question.

They collected the papers after two and half hours. Then I went to have my lunch in a nearby hotel with few guys. They said they will announce the results at 3 am. So we went back to school campus and sat in the shadow of trees where I met Dhana again. He said he had done well and the questions were repeated from the past test's of infy. You should know that I had the print outs of the Infy's past exams which I collected in the internet. But due to unavailability of time, I didnt look into those stuffs.

If I had look into that, I might have done very well. Anyway past is past. School guys were playing basket ball in their ground. We were just looking into those scenes with anxiety about the exam results. At 3pm, One more announcement came from Examination officers that results will be published after few hours as they had not finished correcting the papers. Around 1200 people attended the exam that day. So it took more time for them to evaluate the paper.

We saw some cinema shooting was going on inside the school campus. We went close and saw director Lingusamy is chatting with producer AM Ratnam and the technicians were arranging the camera for the shot. I found out that was the shooting of the movie Bheema once I spotted Lingusamy. But we could not find Vikram or Trisha anywhere in that place. At that occasion, we all knew that Cinema is a toughest job.

After some time Vikram came there. I could not believe what is happening there. Everyone got excited and shouted when they saw Vikram. Lingusamy and AM Rathnam was sitting just few feets from our place. Vikram was riding a bike and we finally came to know that he is practicing for the next shot. Shooting started. Vikram started riding his bike towards the camera with a person sitting behind him. When he travelled some distance, we heard a huge noise. We got shocked to see a car flying in air. Vikram was turning back with his own style to see the flying car while riding the bike. Then everyone clapped and went towards Vikram shouting "Great!Great! you did well".
[This scene comes in the "oru mugamo" song in Bheema"]

Vikram came near our place to see the TV to check whether he had done justice to that scene. Stunt master came and hugged Vikram. Then Vikram went from there with his two bodyguards. Later everyone went from there after packing their things. The time was 6 pm. Still the results were not out. We went to a garden and lie down in the lawn seeing the sky without knowing what will happen in the next few hours.

At exactly 7.30 pm, they announced the results. They read out the names in the mike. They read 450 names and my name was not there. Dhana got selected in that round and cleared the interviews and he is in infy now. He went back to home in his bike.

I was searching for a bus stop in the roads of busy Adyar. I finally saw one bus stop. I got frustrated, disappointed and thought I had lost everything. I thought I was fit for nothing. With thousands of negative feelings running in my mind, I was travelling in bus. I reached my home after 30 mins travel in bus and ten minutes walk in road after getting down from bus

I reached home. I was unable to see the faces of my family members. I thought I should return happily with sweets with a happy news. But unfortunately I had only bad news. I conveyed to them. They said me not to worry about this as that was the first attempt only. And asked me to have the dinner. I was not feeling like eating. But I cannot skip my dinner as my family members would feel bad if I didnt eat.

I had some rice with eggs. I vomited after my dinner and whatever I had ate had come out from my mouth. I went to sleep. I didnt feel comfortable in the next day also. Then went to doctor and I was in complete bed rest for one month. My negative feelings stopped the improvement of my health. After one month of bed rest, I recovered very slowly and attended many test and interviews and finally I got job on March 2007.

If our mind is strong about our goal, We would achieve it at any cost. Dont loose the hope and confidence which are the only assets of a human being.

6 கருத்துகள்:

Pramod Nair சொன்னது…

Nice Atricle Dude

Unknown சொன்னது…

Fantastic post! it truly absorbed me da. As you rightly said its always "thoughts that leads action".

Unknown சொன்னது…

thangabalu after reading this i feel it would still inspire so many people who are still hunting for jobs....

ana சொன்னது…

good spirit!!! i liked the way you have narrated!!!!

பெயரில்லா சொன்னது…

Good one, such experiences make us strong. I have felt the same way after I could not make it thru in any of my first six campus interviews.

Vijay Srinivasan

Thangabalu சொன்னது…

Thank you guys for your comments...

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages