Check out tamil short stories here. Also lyrics of tamil movie songs. இந்த வெப்சைட்டில் தமிழ் சிறுகதைகளை படித்து மகிழுங்கள்.

திங்கள், 6 ஜூலை, 2009

After seeing my Twelfth standard marks - Part II


At around 11 am, I heard many results. My mother said,”One of your cousin got 95 percent and another got 90 percent. They asked your registration number so that they can check the results in their home". I said, “No. No need. We will check in the browsing center. I already went there. But they said network is busy. After some time, I will go and check the results. I don’t want anyone to view my results. Good or bad score, I want to see my score first".

I went to the browsing center to check my results. I typed the registration number and I pressed the enter key. The progress bar moved very slowly. My heart beat rate was increasing very rapidly. After few seconds, result flashed in the screen. I first checked the total. Total was 954. "It's not bad. I got 80 percent and it's a decent score. Got 189 in maths, 163 and 149 in Physics and Chemistry.

And finally Chemistry killed me with such a low score. What would be my cut off out of 300? It's 232. Definitely I won't get free seats in reputed colleges". I noted down the marks and was walking towards the home with a sad face. I definitely got the marks according to the effort I had put. But I thought I should have concentrated more in physics and chemistry. They are unnecessary and useless thoughts which came in my mind.

I reached home and said the marks to my family. Grandfather said, "Well done. You got eighty percent. Very Good!!"
I said in a low voice, "Cut off is only 232 out of 300" (I was in the stage where I could start crying at any moment)
He said, "Good score. You will surely get a nice college. Don't worry if that mark is not enough for free seats in good colleges. We will go for payment seat in any good college. Money is not a problem at all"

My mother said, “Yes, Yes. You are going to get into a nice engineering college. We are very happy. All my kids are going to be engineers. Your brother is the first person who got degree in many generations. And now we got an additional reason to be happy. All of you are going to be engineers"

I said,” My cousins got more than 90 percent. I am very sorry. I got only 80 percent. It will be embarrassing for you to say my less mark to our relations." After saying that, I could not control my tears and I started crying. My grandfather and mother were not able to control themselves from crying when I was crying. They consoled me and they also started crying.

My grandfather with tears on his eyes said, "Hey, Don't worry man. I am still living in this earth. I will make sure that you are getting into a nice engineering college. I will do that any cost. Stop crying. Guys should not cry. You are my grandson. You and your brothers are lions. You people are going to take care of our family after my death. Whatever happened is happened. We cannot change that. Get your confidence back and start your steps to analyze about the good engineering colleges in Chennai. I know how strong you are once you decided to do something. So, go ahead. I am with you. Wipe your eyes and say the marks to your brothers and father. Be happy."

I never cried before. That day was an unforgettable day in my life. Lots of sentiments and emotions from my grandfather. Even he is not with us now, no one in our family would forget him. "We are very proud to be a grandson of you. Be with us and bless us. We need your blessings to grow well in life. We really miss you. You were such a great human being and now you are god for us"

We have to see that perseverance of the eighty year old man. We have to learn that positive attitude and confidence from him. Everyone needs those characters to reach higher heights. I would think for thousand times before starting any thing. Once I decided to do it, I would complete that at any cost. I decided that I should select a free seat in some decent college. And luckily I got a free seat in a decent college during my engineering counselling. My Grandfather's positive approach changed my negative thoughts and helped me to get a engineering seat and a nice job after completing my engineering.

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages