Check out tamil short stories here. Also lyrics of tamil movie songs. இந்த வெப்சைட்டில் தமிழ் சிறுகதைகளை படித்து மகிழுங்கள்.

திங்கள், 6 ஜூலை, 2009

After seeing my Twelfth standard marks - Part I


It was the day my twelfth standard results got released. We don't have internet in home at that time. So, I had to visit a browsing center to check my results. Lots of fear dominated me, "Will I get nice marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry? It will be fine if I get low marks in these three subjects so that I will convince my grandfather and others to do some course other than engineering." I was not interested to do an engineering course. Two of my brothers were studying engineering at that time. I saw them reading a big book (will be difficult to measure the length of the book with hands). I was very good in maths and computer science but I hated the remaining subjects.

At that time (2002), software field was not that much good. "What the hell I can do if I didn't get free seat in a good college. I don't want to do get into payment seat. Fees are very expensive for payment seat when compared to free seat. I don't want my family to get into bigger debts because of me. To avoid that, I should select free seat in any college which is available for my marks. I didn't do well in physics and chemistry. So for my cutoff marks, I can get free seats only in some less reputed colleges. What if I am not getting job after studying for four years?" Much such confusion ran in my mind and gave me a big headache on the judgment day.

I wanted to do some course which doesn't need to mug up the contents of the big books. I preferred to do catering course at that time. I told my decision to my mother and grandfather. I got an instant flashing reply from my grandfather who said, "Your two brothers are studying engineering. It will not be fair for us to allow you to study catering course. Anytime in the future, your wife or someone might ask us "Why did you cheat this guy by not letting him in to engineering or any computer related courses?” By seeing those big books, you have taken this decision. Go and ask your brothers. They are not reading all the contents from the books. They need to study just few pages from those books. If you don't believe me, ask them. You need not worry about our debts and that should not be the reason for you to say no for engineering. You should not think about the financial problems. I will take care about that. So, once the results are out, we will finalize a nice engineering college and you start your 4 years engineering journey. It will be pleasant experience. No problem if you are not getting job after four years. You can do another degree to make yourself more skilled."

I was surprised to see the confidence of 80 year old man. He was a brave man who never felt bad even when he faced many big troubles (Financially, Mentally and physically) in his life. I had learnt many things from him. I had known the importance of being silent from him. That is one of the reasons for me not talking much. After talking with him, my mind became clear and I decided that I should do engineering and not catering course. But I restricted myself to study only in free seat. I had made a plan that even if the payments seats are available in reputed colleges, I should not prefer those courses. I should select any one nice college in which free seats were available.

Click here for continuation

1 கருத்து:

Unknown சொன்னது…

that was nice one to share the moment of ur experience when joining the college but for myself it too hard to do engg. When all my friends are joined in engg college i had gone for job,pramod and kishore are the person to advice me to do engg and pramod had joined in sastha and ask me to do the same and now i am also an engg. thanks to u to remine me that hard and golden moment when i joined in engg college

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages