Check out tamil short stories here. Also lyrics of tamil movie songs. இந்த வெப்சைட்டில் தமிழ் சிறுகதைகளை படித்து மகிழுங்கள்.

வெள்ளி, 31 ஜூலை, 2009

One hour in the night of a newly married couple


That night, Latha entered the bed room with milk and water in her hands. After her dinner, she went to her room immediately. She didn't worry about keeping the vessels back in the kitchen or keeping the necessary things in the refrigerator or cleaning the dining room. Because she knows very well that her mother in law is taking care of those things. Latha didn't even do those things for a single day.

Ramu was reading a book when Latha entered the bed room. Ramu knew very well about what would happen in the next one hour. Because he got married to Latha few months back and he was seeing the same scene (Latha entering the bed room with milk and water) in all the nights since his marriage.

Latha came into the room and sat in the bed and held Ramu's hand. He closed the book and saw her face. Her face was very bright and shining as usual. Latha started saying about what happened from the morning. She said everything to Ramu.

Latha said, "This morning I had prepared coconut rice. Everyone said it's nice. But your father said the dish was very bad and he was unable to eat it. Why is he hurting like this?"

Ramu moved her hand which was holding his hand and he thought for few seconds to answer that tough question. He replied, "My father is very frank and he would say frankly if he don't like anything. Why didn't you ask him what taste is missing in the dish. If you had asked that, it would be useful to improve the taste in the future."

Latha said, "Everyone said the dish was fine and delicious. I also didn't find any fault in the dish. He is simply saying that to hurt me. I don't know why he is doing like this. How long I can tolerate these pains? I am feeling very difficult to survive here. I think we can move to separate house. What do you say?”

Ramu got shocked and said, "Hey Latha, it's a simple thing. Don't make it big. They are elders to us. And they would do only good things for us. This is a simple reason to move away from my parents and live in a separate house. My mother is helping you very much. Why are you not seeing those things? She wake up early in the morning and prepares breakfast before you enter into the kitchen. Which mother in law will do these much work after her son is getting married. Think Latha. Don't make big decisions for simple things in life"

Latha said, "Your mother also insulted me. Today afternoon, some of your relatives came here. In between the talks with them during lunch, they said the rice was very good. They asked who had cooked it. Your mother said, "I only cooked that. Latha doesn't know how to cook in an ordinary vessel. She knows to cook only in cooker and the rice cooked in cooker is not so delicious like this. Nowadays, girls do not know about how to cook in a vessel. Even if I teach her, she is telling that she is comfortable to cook it in the cooker only.” One of the guest said that nowadays all girls are like that only. Then everyone looked at me and started laughing. My heart was paining at that moment. I am tolerating these pains because of the affection and love which I have on you."

Ramu said, "Latha. Everyone laughed just for fun and their intention is not hurting you. They said it as a joke. And you are taking it serious. I don't know what to do with this. These things would happen every day in your life and you should learn how to practice yourself to live in this new environment"

Latha said, "You are always telling me and you won't accept the mistakes of your father and mother."

Ramu said, "Latha. Cool. Soon you will get practised to this and after we get a child, you won’t even have time to think about this."

Latha said, "I don't like my kid to grow in the environment which I don't like. Please take me to a separate house. We will live happily."

Ramu didn't reply anything for that and he lie down on the bed and slept keeping the pains in his heart.

7 கருத்துகள்:

Krishna Shasankar சொன்னது…

hei machi eanndhu idhu.. orey feelings ah irukku..

Balaji Srinivasaraghavan சொன்னது…

whats the moral of the story? To be continued???

Thangabalu சொன்னது…

No continuation da. That's the end of the story. That guy didn't know how to solve this problem and with that pain he slept.

Thangabalu சொன்னது…

Krishna, you will get the same scene in your life after your marriage!!!!!

Unknown சொன்னது…

hey why is that your hero is always named Ramu?? Any thing to do with the Vijay (A) Big B or Rahul (A) SRK or Prem (A)Salman Khan so.... Ramu (A)?????? :)))

Thangabalu சொன்னது…

Ramu is the common name in India. That's why that name is the default name striking in my mind when I am writing..

Unknown சொன்னது…

in hindi movies Ramnu is the default name of servant :))))

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages